Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

On this chilly Thanksgiving day in Kansas City, I am staying around the house and working on my sewing. I must make great headway with my handmade Christmas Gifts this long holiday weekend. 

Ann's quilt is partially marked and layered and pinned. The inner section is will be simple diamonds using straight line quilting techniques. The quilt has three borders and I'm not sure what I'll do on them. Timing will probably have a lot to do with my design choices.

The doll clothes are coming along. I completed the first navy blue tee shirt today and I'm 95% done with the second one. I am making a muslin of the trench coat because it looks complicated and I don't have a lot of the fabric I chose for this project. The fabric is also rather expensive - a medium teal microsuede.  I found the piece in the remnant bin for half off.

I walked the dogs, I cooked two wonderful dishes for breakfast and lunch, and now I think I want a nap.  
 
Pictures soon.

No comments: