Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quilting Progress

Yesterday I took my first queen size quilt to the quilter. I would love to quilt it myself, but it's too big for the machine and I'm not inclined to do it by hand. It should be done by the end of February. So exciting....my first project for myself!

No new projects in the works. My current project is called "Cherries Jubilee." It is a panel from a fabric line that was offered as a kit at a local quilt shop. I picked up this wall hanging kit at the quilt guild's annual garage sale. I am enjoying practicing my free motion quilting. The design is a little bit "country" for me, but I liked the colors: deep reds, black, tan/beige. I had started it over a year ago then put it down for a while. Now, I'm in the mood to do machine quilting, so I picked it back up again.

The next guild meeting is one of my favorites. We work on our charity quilts for a day. Such fun. Against my better judgement I volunteered to lead a group in machine quilting. I am planning to discuss and encourage people to do machine quilting using straight lines. Grids, parallel lines, Stitch in the Ditch, simple shapes. I would like to prepare what I'll say, and show examples. Some day, I'd like to give talks at quilt guilds and maybe develop some simple seminars for my guild. Here's a chance to develop something and see if I enjoy it.

No new sales on Etsy. I need to focus on it again....however, I have been working on support tasks. I made a stack of new business cards.

This is a cool weekend because from yesterday to the next 7 days, I am scheduled to work only 1 day. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get stuff done. I have an impressive to do list.

No comments: