Sunday, June 28, 2009

Update after a week

No movement on any front. I called the manager for the research job and decided I'm not ready to give up the fun I'm having on my current job. She was kind to speak with me, though. 

I became a nurse to have a job I enjoy. Sure, sometimes my job is a drag, and my ego pokes in and whispers to me, "you're better than this" or "your talents aren't being used."  The ego may be right at some level, but historically, the places my ego have led me have not provided satisfaction or joy.  

Sewing - low motivation. I hope to finish the prototype of the first of my original design scrub cap today. 

Clarinet - I think it's just going to have to be a hobby. The passion is not there.

Today, the weather is much improved. A front came through last night and the air is drier and a little cooler. I enjoyed a morning of light garden chores outside.

Movies


Last night, we watched the rented movie Miss Potter and it was very sweet. It is a semi biographical account of the life of Beatrix Potter, the English writer and illustrator who wrote such stories as The Tale of Peter Rabbit, the Tale of Squirrel Nutkin (my personal favorite), The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, and more. 

I don't go to many movies, as I'd rather "do" than just sit and be entertained, so I pick my movies very judiciously. This was a treasure. Some other movie treasures I've enjoyed recently were Lars and the Real Girl and The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio. Naturally, I'd recommend them all. 


No comments: