Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bee day

Quilt bee's coming over soon. I really like my bee because  it give me a chance to get to know a few people well, and I work on my projects with others. We chit chat, we talk about our projects, maybe toss in a little gossip, plan for future meetings, share advice on everything from border colors to career moves. 

Having them over forces me to clean up the house. I both hate and love this. Obviously, I hate it because it's housecleaning - not only do I straighten up, but I vacuum, clean the bathroom, dust, and hope the place doesn't smell like dog.  I love it because it forces me to clean and I sure like having a neater house. I burn a few candles to mask the "Essence de Hound" and to make a nice girl atmosphere.

Another reason I like it is that I get to make dainty little girly snacks. Today, I made three little appetizers: plain Triscuits topped with fresh mozzarella, a basil leaf, and a slice of grape tomato; Wheat Thins topped with cream cheese and a bit of strawberry; Rosemary Olive Oil Triscuits topped with havarti cheese and a snip of chives. Basil and chives from my garden!  Women love this kind of thing.

Four people are planning to come....such a nice group. We all need girlfriends...

No comments: