Sunday, June 20, 2010

Solstice

Today is the the longest day of the year, and for a child of the light, it is the day we live for. It looks like Mother Nature will smile upon the South Kansas City area with sunlight and clear skies.

Of course that could change in a matter of hours.  I'm staying hopeful.

Today is also the 25th anniversary of the church I attend. I am participating in the service and it will probably take up all morning. I hope I play clarinet well today. I couldn't attend either of the rehearsals and this is quite scary to perform without rehearsal!  Yipe!

Perhaps it is the mark of a professional, though.

Although I'm not. I'm an amateur with lots of studying behind me.

Someday I hope to travel far north and see what it is like to have no night time at all. Canada, Alaska, Iceland, Norway, Ireland, even - any of those could be fun.

Speaking of travel, my friend asked me to join her on a trip to Hawaii next year. I told her yes!!  We hope to go in February. No one ever asks me...I'm usually the one doing the asking.

Still way into my sewing the last several days. The Etsy Meetup party (on Friday evening) was a lot of fun and inspirational - see my pictures and write up on my commercial blog, rikrax.blogspot.com.  I've been pouring over the book I bought at the store - what will I make first?!?! I worked a lot on my NC State Quilt, and the top is nearly done. I'll post pictures soon. It's a Christmas gift for a friend....and I don't think she reads my blog so this shouldn't spoil the surprise.

No comments: