Saturday, June 12, 2010

Are you kidding me?

My first week of non-charging, and yesterday was the first such Friday. Fridays are usually hellish, with 30 some patients scheduled for 22 beds, usually with 7 or 8 patients staying over from the previous day. All the labs are up and running with 2 EP docs and 3 cath labs.

Of course, when Superior Charge Nurse was in charge today, we had 10-12 patients scheduled and only 3 over nighters.   Plus, we were fully staffed and the Minion had one of her many vacation days. Only 2 labs running.

What the f***?

Life is so unfair. Even *I* can handle that kind of day.

I am an idiot. And when push comes to shove, I need to be a lowly nothing. Whenever I try to be something more at work, I bump up against my own incompetence and end up frustrated and embarrassed. The fact is, no organization has been able to channel my gifts, and I have not been able to apply my gifts and skills in a way that pleases an organization. I do not want to study politics. I want to do what's right.

Therein lies the conflict.

Therefore, the only thing that will keep me employed and keep me from going insane on the job is to keep humble. No more ambition.

Remember why you became a nurse. Not to become a leader. Merely to serve.

In that regard, I don't think karma will allow me to get the IT job.

What's next?

No comments: