Monday, December 15, 2008

Sinking...

It's the winter, I'm sinking into the pit again.

I will keep persevering, I will keep taking my meds. I will try again to reach beyond.

I had a thought this morning about what makes me happy. A goal. I need a goal. I need a meaningful, lofty goal. I need something to work towards. I need a path to walk.

What's next? Professional? Art? Travel? Family? Education? Investment? Spiritual?

I don't know. Here are some things I have thought about.

  • Professional: Another master's degree (in nursing this time).

  • Professional: A new more challenging job.

  • Professional: Pursue the ideas I have for developing original software

  • Professional: Do I really want to teach nursing students?

  • Art: Find a better singing venue than I currently have

  • Art: Start a clarinet choir.

  • Art: Get back into playing saxophone

  • Art: Buy an alto or bass clarinet and get good at it. Find gigs.

  • Travel: Plan the next international vacation.

  • Family: Make one of my own.

  • Education: Another degree? Really?

  • Investment: Actually learn how to manage my money.

  • Spiritual: More involvement in church

  • Spiritual: Write spiritual literature - that is a book of devotions.


I will pray on it. I don't know where God wants me to go at this point. I need to identify one to commit to.

No comments: