Friday, March 28, 2008

Quotes I like

Here are a few things I've heard lately that have stuck in my head.

"It makes my boyfriend's junk smell like pie."


From the movie Juno, a worker at the planned parenthood clinic commenting on the blackberry scented condoms. Hysterical.

"You know what you are? You're a fag hag."


One of my co workers after I'd told her under my breath that I love gay men. I do. And, I think I am a fag hag, really. I'm a gay man magnet. I come from a long line of dominant women, in the tradition of Julie Andrews, Liza Minnelli, Cher, Margaret Cho, and Barbra Streisand. I like things that gay men like - music, decorating, sewing/fashion, gardening, good food, computers, liberal politics, dancing. I'm not a converter...I am merely attracted to the qualities behaviors of gay men. It's just the way I am.

In my next life, I'm coming back as a gay man who sings tenor and plays the English Horn and oboe. I could be a professional musician and never be out of work.

I just took an online fag hag test. I am 60% fag hag. Pretty good.

"If someone said three years from now, you'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them out, 'cuz they're all wrong."


Pink, in Who Knew? What kind of song has lyrics as low-brow as "punch them out?" And a girl singing it. That's a microcosm of our society. Nevertheless, I'm mesmerized by this song and I think I have to buy it.

"I love everybody, especially you."


Lyle Lovett I Love Everybody. A brilliant juxtaposition of truth, sincerity, and bitter sarcasm.

There are many more, this is all I can think of at the moment. I love quotes.

No comments: