Sunday, December 23, 2007

Mixed Nuts

A few thoughts before Christmas. I will be out of town for the holiday, leaving later today.

My husband gave me a new Mac for Christmas! I'm very excited - I had been using a Mac Mini for the past 3 years and I was outgrowing it. I now have a 20" iMac. Way cool. Now, if only it can support running Word, Excel, Adobe, and safari all at the same time while I'm working on the quilt guild newsletter.

Husband liked the gifts I got for him - a pub sign custom made with his name, the Blade Runner complete collectors edition Blu Ray DVD set, and getting the poster custom framed. I have one more thing for under the tree on Christmas day. It will make the day more fun. He doesn't know about it...unless he happens to read this entry before Christmas. He's an ethical guy. He won't.

It is so dark these days!! I have to keep reminding myself that the days are getting longer from today onward, to keep from getting too depressed. It is the time when I spend more time in the basement, which is where my sewing studio is located. Yesterday, even, I got four more blocks done on the quilt for our bed.

Now that Christmas is almost past, it is time to think about my home projects for the winter and spring. I would like to:

  1. update the kitchen with a new dinette and new cabinet hardware

  2. paint the family room

  3. redecorate in the basement

  4. improve the organization and neatness of the home office

  5. have a yard sale in the spring


Ambitious goals. At least I don't have to do yard work this time of year. I hope I get one or two of these done.

Enough chatter for now. Hopefully I'll post again while I'm on vacation.

No comments: