Friday, April 6, 2012

After it's resolved

So, now work is without my friend. It is going alright, really, and there's a different feel to the group.

Now, almost two weeks out, I think it was the right thing. I saw her yesterday in passing and I think it may have been the right thing for her also. It feels strange to say that.

That is behind me, and I get a lovely break with a half day off from work (to meet the HVAC maintenance guy and enjoy a little me-time) I am ready to move forward. I'm taking on different responsibilities at work and doing some recruiting for new people to assume some of my current responsibilities.

Last weekend provided some much needed rest - I went on a quilt retreat and I could be creative for a whole weekend. I got several things done and started making some new friends in the quilt guild.  Prizes were fun, too!  Here are two of my completed blocks from the 2011 Block of the Month called Starry Night (Kaffe Fassett fabrics).



Incidentally, I've slipped a bit in my enthusiasm for my "It Works" goals, but the list is still working its magic. Nothing too astonishing but bit by bit, things are going the way I want them to.



No comments: