Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gardening success!

I pulled my first carrot from the 2009 garden today. Joy! I have grown a 4 inch carrot and it was delicious. My God, it tasted like a carrot!

I have struggled with carrots for the last two years. This year I tried a different variety ("YaYa") and I amended the soil more vigorously. It worked. I have many more carrots growing.

I harvested my first cucumber today as well. I have picked about a dozen yellow plum tomatoes so far and I have one Roma tomato and one Jet Star tomato ripening inside.

A special thrill is that I have a melon on the vine. I hope to harvest it in a week or so.

A vegetable garden is truly a miracle.

Quilting Success


My Iris block is nearly done and it is very pretty. My applique technique improves with every piece and I am eager to start a new block. Although, before I start a new one, I need to finish up the Posies block, now that I've figured out how to do the center medallion.

Life Success


Not quite yet... A position is definitely opening up in the cath lab. We learned late last week that one of their RNs will be moving out of state. Should I apply? I don't know; I continue to pray for guidance.

No comments: