Tuesday, January 27, 2009

All I wanna do is...

...sew.

January and I'm ready to hibernate. Today my quilt bee came over to work on our projects. I decided to set up the machine and finish piecing the rows of my queen size Log Cabin quilt. I almost got it all done! I have one row left to do and it's just a sashing row. That goes together quick!

For a fundraiser for the 2009 Heart Walk I am going to make a variety of scrub caps to sell. This is our unit's fundraiser activity. There are two avid sewers among our nurses so we will make as many scrub caps as we can. We have support for fabric and patterns. The work is the hard part. I am eager to get started now! I am still working on a pattern though. I have one pattern from a set I'd bought a few years ago, but it has a rather funny shape. I'd like to modify it for a more pleasing shape and ease of construction.

It's snowing gently today. Gray and cold. Sounds like a great day to hibernate with the sewing machine!

No comments: