Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Small Lesson in Compassion

I'm still sick. I managed to drag myself into work yesterday, and I felt pretty bad all day. Time slowed down as I worked at my desk, trying to keep to myself and get something done. I only hope I didn't give it to my coworkers.

Now I'm not even sure I'll be back to normal by Monday!!!

So, being sick all week has reminded me how others may feel, those who get sick more frequently than I do, those with chronic health issues that make them feel spaced out, exhausted, in pain, or dizzy all of the time. Not being able to get adequate rest is another lousy problem. The first two nights my throat was so sore, I could hardly sleep - every swallow or cough woke me up.

One week, whoopee - like that's even close to what many people go through.

Just another reminder to have compassion for others and not to take good health for granted.

PS. I did get to work on some quilting after all.

No comments: