Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tough

It has been a tough time two weeks. We had a major blizzard on Tuesday (and I went to work every day this week, thanks a lot). It caused the guild to cancel the Charity quilt-a-thon day, and I was disappointed because its' my favorite meeting all year. I had done a lot of work preparing for it.

My computer hard drive died over the weekend. I'm back online, $200 and three days later.  The music for my next concert is kicking my ass (it's very hard).  I screwed up a meeting at church (I thought it started at 5:30...no, it was 5:00).

On the good side, I experimented with spray quilt basting for a charity quilt and it worked well.   I quilted it on my machine with good results.

I still haven't finished Ann's quilt. It's all done except the label and I used my dead computer as an excuse. I like to make my labels as a word document that I trace onto muslin. Then I embellish the label and applique it down; that's how it became an excuse.

Once I get the label done, I am free to work on new projects. I am looking forward to that!  I have several ideas for what to do and I can't wait to get started!

No comments: