Friday, December 24, 2010

Some thoughts for Christmas

It is the day before Christmas....and I feel like I should write a poem all of a sudden!

The last two weeks have been very hectic; it's no wonder I have come down with a sinus infection. I'm sure I spread it around because I wouldn't stop going and doing. Since last weekend we had a college student from Japan staying with us. I hope I didn't give him this cold. I think it went well for him. We sure enjoyed having him here. Perhaps we weren't so boring to him.

This is the first year I can remember in which I failed to send Christmas cards, completely unintentionally. It was too much. I had also agreed to make a cap for a friend for Christmas, and I just couldn't. My husband is out buying the Christmas presents for the family we will see tomorrow. The quilt for my friend in Virginia sits unbound in the basement. (But, I did tell her it would be late.)

I guess my schedule with a full time job is still not under control. When I took the job, I vowed not to start anything new until after the first of the year. I still don't feel ready.

Nevertheless, the house was clean for our guest. I cooked meals two nights for our guest. I managed to send several gifts. I got all the doll clothes done, mailed and sent. Reservations for this trip to Tennessee have been made. It's not all bad.

I am thankful I am busy. I am blessed to have family to see and events to attend. I have enjoyed another great year of sewing and playing music. I have a good relationship with my spouse. I have beloved pets in my life. I do interesting work.  It's a wonderful life!

No comments: