Thursday, June 19, 2008

Remarkable Things I've Done

Here are some things I've really done that I think are pretty amazing. They are in no particular order.

  1. Made a CD with a choral group
  2. Performed a Senior Recital in college
  3. Have a patented invention
  4. Earned a living as an independent contractor
  5. Made several quilts
  6. Taught a college class (One class, not a whole semester, but still...)
  7. Earned a Master's Degree
  8. Changed careers at age 40
  9. Published a several papers at research conferences
  10. Forgave a debt ...and learned never to loan money to friends
  11. Avoided getting a speeding ticket
  12. Reviewed several technical books before they were published
  13. Sang at Duke Chapel
  14. Managed a group software developers
  15. Learned Spanish and Japanese on my own
  16. Saw a baby being born
  17. Earned the Arc of Epsilon Pi
  18. Got a 4.0 average one semester in undergraduate college
  19. And, just today, served as a charge nurse at a major hospital for a unit

Serving as a charge nurse was, well, interesting. I have wanted to do it for a while and was honored when they finally asked. It wasn't terrible, and it wasn't great. I'll have to think a bit more about it and digest the experience before I write more.

No comments: