Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Business Game

First, I would like to say that this blog is now over 7 years old. I started this self-reflection project on November 3, 2007.  Pretty cool.

Now, I am an employee of the company. I am everything in this office - secretary, lifestyle coordinator, marketing department, sales department, technical support, CEO and janitor. Obviously it won't scale.

I have business cards and brochures. I'm learning the processes for marketing, developing referral sources, as well as screening potential clients.

No clients yet, but I have one in the pipeline.

I need to work another lead that might become a client.

I have my first referral source development opportunity later today - this process takes the next step beyond making contact.  I am very grateful that I have the support of the existing company because it really helps to have a process to follow for marketing. It would have taken me months or years to figure some of this stuff out.

The whole process is kind of fun. I enjoy learning new things and I have a healthy approach to the process. Specifically, I'm approaching this whole thing as a real-life game. I have played my professional life cautiously and now I'm ready to play for real, with fun, money, deep satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment as the prizes. The losses are real, too.

But I fully intend to win.

No comments: