Friday, November 7, 2008

An anniversary...and a few comments

I continue to work hard on my travel blog. I am up to day 10, so I'll be done soon.

This blog is a year old! I was not sure I'd continue, but I am so pleased that I did; it is good therapy. Here is my initial post. I was rereading a few of my older posts this morning. Gawd, I am terribly redundant in what I write about. I need to find some interesting new subjects on which to write. Nevertheless, this blog really helps me keep track of when things happened and how I felt.

Now, a few updates. When I was reading some posts from last winter I was reminded of all the drama involving a nurse who had hired on the unit. This was someone who had worked there before, and she and I did not get along. I was cajoled into precepting her, and it was a disaster. Guess what? She left again. I hope my boss has learned something about that person and she doesn't hire her again for a fourth time. I am so pleased - oh, how terrible and awful of me! Despite my joy, I've pretty much shut up about it at work.

Although, once I locked myself in the bathroom at work and did the happy dance, after I found out. Hee hee hee.

Regarding the correspondence from my former life in the previous post. I replied to the email and indicated possible interest. I got a reply that wasn't very warm, and the more I think about it, the less I want to deal with that crap. I could do it, and the money would be nice, but thinking of doing that work in my precious free time depresses me.

The last thing I need is a depressing situation here in the upcoming winter.

Tomorrow is my birthday again. I like it even less this year. I will be 43. What a nothing age. Well, I choose to ignore it and continue to live my life and the most passionate, interesting, energetic, healthy way I can. Time to start planning the next big trip!!

The quilt show is coming up on Nov 14-15. See the Blue Valley Quilters Guild website for details on the event. I entered four quilts - my first time entering something. Three of them are older, one is not yet completed. The incomplete quilt is my longevity project called "Mom's Quilt." It's gorgeous, but it has taken me 7 years to get it done - machine pieced and hand quilted. I finished the quilting this week. It needs binding and the usual accoutrements and then it's ready to show.

I entered it in order to force myself to finish. It worked.

Heh, I'd better go sew!

Happy today.

No comments: